Splendid Cinema opens its new season with A Dangerous Method.
Splendid Cinema presents A Dangerous Method, the new film from David Cronenberg, 23 September at Worcester Arts Workshop at 7:30PM.
David Cronenberg explores the pioneering work of Jung and Freud in the early days of psychoanalysis in this enthralling and provocative drama. Drawn from true life events, A Dangerous Method explores the turbulent relationships between budding psychiatrist Carl Jung, his mentor Sigmund Freud and the beautiful and captivating Sabrina Spielrein who comes between them when she an Jung start a love affair.
With sublime performances from Fassbender, Mortensen and Knightly, the success of both of A History of Violence and Eastern Promises behind Cronenberg, and with this being the third consecutive collaboration between him and Mortensen the film received high praise from critics, so this promises to be a captivating watch.
All films are screened at the Worcester Arts Workshop (21 Sansome Street, Worcester). Box office opens at 7pm on film nights and the films begin at 7:30. Café Bliss is also open for a pre-show treat.
A Dangerous Method (Canada, 2011, David Cronenberg) 99 min. 15 Cert.
23 September , 2012
Box office opens at 7pm, film begins at 7:30pm
Tickets £5 on the door
Worcester Arts Workshop, 21 Sansome Street, Worcester, WR1 1UH
- Cronenberg’s Talking Cure: A Dangerous Method (moonwolves.wordpress.com)
- Parchment Paper and Penmanship: The Underwhelming and Illuminating Joy of David Cronenberg’s “A Dangerous Method” (filmbalaya.com)
- A Dangerous Method (smallscreenreviews.com)
- On a most dangerous method. (onlifeandstuff.wordpress.com)
- A Dangerous Method (2011) (geekvsgoth.wordpress.com)
- A Dangerous Method (2011) (the360degreereview.wordpress.com)
- A Dangerous Method (themoviereport.net)
- David Cronenberg Brands Christopher Nolan’s Batman Movies ‘Boring’ (aceshowbiz.com)
- A Dangerous Method (theconsideration.wordpress.com)