WorcesterLive & the Swan Theatre have teamed up this summer with Splendid cinema to present 3 very special screenings.
Our first film is the remarkable Oscar nominated dance documentary, Pina (Wim Wenders, 2011), on 7 May, 2012. Pina is a visually stunning film about the choreography of famed German modern dancer Pina Bausch, that’s not so much a documentary as a celebration of her life and work. Several famous set-pieces are magnifcently recreated for the flm, while the dancers from her company reminisce about the impact she had on her life. This may very well be the ultimate in dance flms.
Pina is screening on 7 May (May Bank Holiday) at 7:30 PM at the Swan Theatre. This film is rated U.
Tickets are £5 (£4 concessions) through the Swan Theatre box office: http://www.worcesterlive.co.uk/events_review.asp?eid=453056743
We will be screening other films at the Swan across the summer.
25 June: Gainsbourg (Joann Sfar, 2010) rated 15
- Pina: Wim Wenders’ 3-D Tribute to Pina Bausch (seattleweekly.com)
- Doc of the Day: Pina (daysofdocs.com)
- “I Made This Movie for Pina…It’s Dedicated to Everyone Who Thinks Dance Is Not for Them.” (slog.thestranger.com)
- pina (maxhirshfeldpictures.com)
- ‘Pina’: a loving tribute to choreographer Pina Bausch, in 3-D (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- MOVIES: ‘Pina’ is a must-see (kitsapsun.com)
- Pina: context and experience (satsumabug.com)